How to Reset Your Fitbit
Unlike Apple Watch, Fitbit offers no-nonsense fitness tracking devices with limited smartwatch-like functionality. The company has a range of products that work as intended and rarely throw up any issues. However, if things ever go wrong and you are looking to restart or reset your Fitbit tracker, follow this guide.
In most cases, a simple restart of your Fitbit tracker is going to be enough to solve most issues. This is usually required when your Fitbit is not mirroring notifications from your smartphone, failing to record your workouts properly, or it is just behaving wonky.
How to Restart Your Fitbit Tracker
Restarting their Fitbit tracker is something that most people have likely never done since these trackers behave in a pretty fuss-free manner. But for whatever reason, if you have to restart your Fitbit now and are clueless on how to do it, follow the steps below.
All the data on your Fitbit tracker will remain intact even after a restart even if they have not synced to Fitbit’s servers.
Restart Fitbit Versa, Versa Lite, Blaze, and Ionic
- Press the back and bottom buttons simultaneously on your Fitbit. The back button is the one located on the left side of the Fitbit and the bottom button is located on the right edge.
- 2. Keep the buttons pressed for a few seconds and then let them go. The Fitbit logo will be displayed on the screen.
Restart Fitbit Versa Lite
- To restart the Versa Lite, press and hold the back button — the one located at the top on the right side — for 10 seconds.
Restart Fitbit Charge HR, Charge 2, and Charge 3
Restarting your Fitbit Charge tracker is slightly more complicated.
- Connect the tracker to the charger and ensure that the device is being charged.
- Press and hold the button on the tracker for 5-10 seconds. Your device will vibrate and you should see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
You can now safely remove your tracker for the charger.
Restart Fitbit Flex 2
- Plug the tracker into the charger and ensure it is being charged.
- Find a button located on the charger below the tracker compartment.
- Press it 3 times within five seconds. Your Fitbit will vibrate after every pass. After the third press, the LEDs will flash and your Fitbit will restart itself.
- You can now safely remove your Fitbit Flex from the charging cradle.
As you can see, the steps to restart your Fitbit tracker are relatively simple. If you are still facing any issues, drop a comment and our team will help you out!
How to Reset Your Fitbit Tracker
If a restart has not solved your issue, you can look into resetting your Fitbit. This is slightly more complicated as your Fitbit will be completely erased and you will have to set it up again. However, if multiple restarts and firmware updates have not solved the issue with your Fitbit, this is your last resort. Factory resetting your Fitbit is also recommended when you are getting rid of it so that all your data is erased from the tracker.
All data that is not synced to Fitbit servers will be lost forever so make sure to sync your tracker first before doing the factory reset.
Factory Reset Fitbit Versa, Versa Lite, Blaze, and Ionic
Resetting Fitbit trackers with a proper LCD display is relatively easy.
- Go to the Settings -> About Screen of your tracker.
- Select the Factory Reset and confirm your selection by pressing Reset.
Factory Reset Fitbit Charge HR, Charge 2, and Charge 3
- Put your Fitbit on the charging cradle and make sure it is charging.
- Press the button below the charging cradle for two seconds. While keeping the button pressed, remove the charging cable and continue to press the button for around 10 seconds.
- Let go of the button and then press and hold it again.
- You should see “ALT” flash on the screen of your Fitbit tracker. Again, let go off the button and hold it again.
- Once your Fitbit vibrates, let go of the button and hold it again.
- When the “ERROR” logo flashes on the screen, remove your hand from the button and then again start pressing it.
Finally, when you see “ERASE” on the display, let go of the button.
Your Fitbit Charge has finally been completely erased. You can now turn it back on by attaching it to the charging cradle. If your Fitbit was successfully reset, the time displayed will be 0:00. Proceed to use the Fitbit app on your phone to set up the tracker again.
After factory resetting your Fitbit, you will have to set it up like new again using the Fitbit app on your phone.
via iPhone Hacks http://www.iphonehacks.com/2019/05/how-reset-fitbit.html
link : http://www.iphonehacks.com/2019/05/how-reset-fitbit.html
May 18, 2019 at 05:31PM